Top News

I regret not fighting for my marriage – Rachael Oniga

Veteran Nollywood actress, Rachael Oniga has
advised young girls to fight for their marriage
despite challenges
The single mother of three in an interview with
Punch regretted that she didn’t fight for her
marriage despite his husband’s plea for
forgiveness before his death.

According to her, divorce was one of the most
painful things she had to do, adding that she
was naive for leaving her husband at that time.
She said: “My first born, Olamide, was four
years old when I left my marriage.
“I had to put them all in boarding schools. That
is one of the most painful things I have had to
do. Whenever I talk about this, it always brings
me close to tears. My children paid the price for
something they knew nothing about.
“The factor (her late husband married another
woman) that led to the end of my marriage
made me determined to prove to him (ex-husband) that I could stand without any man.


“I was not ready to give any other man the
chance to be a hindrance to my children and
me. I also made up my mind that I would
dedicate my life totally to my children. I
toughened my heart and blocked every
opportunity to go into any relationship.
“I saw myself as equal to any man, regardless
of how much money he might have. I didn’t
want any man to treat my children badly. I was
working for my money and I put my kids in good
schools. So, what do I need a man for?
“I felt all men just wanted was to see the
beauty of a woman and walk away. With what
my ex-husband did to me, you expect me to
trust men again? Before we got separated, he
was a good and ideal man. .
“But he married another woman and I moved
on. But I miss the whole union thing, friendship
and sharing things together.

“My advice to young ladies is to keep and fight
for their marriages.
“Perhaps, I was naïve; I never fought for what
was mine, but I still thank God. He made many
failed attempts at reconciliation. He knew the
type of person I am; that when I say no, it is
no.
“Before death took him (ex-husband) away, he
called many times. It was my mistake. I should
have fought for my marriage. Any young lady
must try her best and fight for her marriage. My
decision at that time might not have been the
best, but I still thank God. I have my regrets too
as a human being.”

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post